Diwali… .the “celebration of happiness and lights”, is a standout amongst the most essential celebrations for Indians. It is praised in high spirits by lighting diyas (lights) , blasting saltines and imparting desserts and snacks to companions and relatives. one of the regular savories made amid Diwali ..that is ” Chakli/Chakkuli ” . An incredible break time bite that is exceptionally normal yet I am certain we as a whole adore it… .
- 1 cup Rice
- lemon Size Butter
- Urad dal (1/4cup)
- White Sesame seeds / til 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds Jeera 1 tsp
- Asafoetida/ hing big pinch
- to taste Salt (as per taste)
- Follow below steps for preparing chakali powder.
- Wash rice well ,deplete water , spread it on fabric and dry it on shadow . After it dries warm it little in a kadai to such an extent that it ends up fresh . the color of rice should not change
- fry urad dal till its color change to light pink color
- holder and Mix rice and urad dal together. Permit it cool a bit and super fine powder in a blender or plant. Store this chakli powder in a sealed container, to make chaklis at whatever point required .
Now Its time to make chakali, follow the steps below.
- Take the chakli powder in a major blending dish . Include hing , sesame seeds , salt ,jeera and spread . Blend the powder well without including water in it.
- Add water in little bunches to frame a delicate flexible and soft dough.Knead well.
- Now heat the oil in pan to fry the chakali.
- When oil is getting hot emough,fit the chakali plate to chakali mould divide the dough into the small small parts, Add one part of the dough to the mould & press as shown in the picture.
- Press the mixture into spirals of Chakkuli on a wax paper newspaper.
- When the right temperature is achieved, delicately holding the finish of the thwart in one hand, gradually expel the leveled circles and drop them into the hot oil in clusters of 4-5 relying upon the measure of the kadai used to profound fry.Deep broil them on medium low fire on the two sides till they turn fresh and brilliant dark colored both sides.Once done, expel from oil and exchange to a paper towel.
Repeat the method for remaining dough and enjoy Delecious and crispy chakali